It is believed that God is everywhere. If this so, then what is the need for us to go temple for worshiping lord? Know the scientific reasons.
There are thousands of temples all over India in different size, shape and locations but not all of them are considered to be built the Vedic way. Generally, a temple should be located at a place where earth’s magnetic wave path passes through densely. It can be in the outskirts of a town/village or city, or in middle of the dwelling place, or on a hilltop.
The Energy – Earth’s Magnetic and Electric Energy
These temples are located strategically at a place where the positive energy is abundantly available from the magnetic and electric wave distributions of north/south pole thrust. The main idol is placed in the core center of the temple, known as Garbhagriha or Moolasthanam. In fact, the temple structure is built after the idol has been placed. This Moolasthanam is where earth’s magnetic waves are found to be maximum. There are some copper plates, inscribed with Vedic scripts, buried beneath the Main Idol. The copper plate absorbs earth’s magnetic waves and radiates it to the surroundings. Thus a person regularly visiting a temple and walking clockwise around the Main Idol receives the beamed magnetic waves and his body absorbs it. This is a very slow process and a regular visit will let him absorb more of this positive energy. Scientifically, it is the positive energy that we all require to have a healthy life.
Source of Positive Energy
- The Sanctum is closed on three sides. This increases the effect of all energies.
- The lamp that is lit radiates heat energy and also provides light inside the sanctum to the priests or poojaris performing the pooja.
- The ringing of the bells and the chanting of prayers takes a worshipper into trance, thus not letting his mind waver. When done in groups, this helps people forget personal problems for a while and relieve their stress.
- The fragrance from the flowers, the burning of camphor give out the chemical energy further aiding in a different good aura.
The effect of all these energies is supplemented by the positive energy from the idol, the copper plates and utensils in the Moolasthanam / Garbagraham.
- When people go to a temple for the Deepaaraadhana, and when the doors open up, the positive energy gushes out onto the persons who are there.
- The water that is sprinkled onto the assemblages passes on the energy to all.
- In some temples, women are requested to wear more ornaments during temple visits. It is through these jewels (metal) that positive energy is absorbed by the women. Also, it is a practice to leave newly purchased jewels at an idol’s feet and then wear them with the idol’s blessings.
The Health Benefits
- Theertham, the “holy” water used during the pooja to wash the idol is not plain water cleaning the dust off an idol. It is a concoction of Cardamom, Karpura (Benzoin), zaffron / saffron, Tulsi (Holy Basil), Clove, etc. Washing the idol is to charge the water with the magnetic radiations thus increasing its medicinal values. Three spoons of this holy water is distributed to devotees. Again, this water is mainly a source of magneto-therapy.
- Clove essence protects one from tooth decay, the saffron & Tulsi leafs protects one from common cold and cough.
- Cardamom and Pachha Karpuram (benzoin), act as mouth fresheners.
- It is proved that Theertham is a very good blood purifier, as it is highly energized. Hence it is given as prasadam to the devotees.
This way, one can claim to remain healthy by regularly visiting the Temples. This is why our elders used to suggest us to offer prayers at the temple so that you will be cured of many ailments.
Energy lost in a day’s work is regained through a temple visit and one is refreshed slightly. The positive energy that is spread out in the entire temple and especially around where the main idol is placed, are simply absorbed by one’s body and mind. All the rituals, all the practices are, in reality, well researched, studied and scientifically backed thesis which form the ways of nature to lead a good healthy life.